The cast list was released for the new season of DWTS . You’ve seen it.
By the way, it’s season 10…which means DWTS has provided jobs for around 120 ‘stars’ in tinsel town. That’s a staggering number of D-List names on one stage. And yet, we have yet to see a Lohan or a Jackson. We have however seen our fair share of fame-mongers: Kardashians, Playboys, Jersey Shore cast, Bachelors, Soap ‘stars’, retired jocks and Disney tweens.
The new list fits the mould. No major surprises, and very few that you didn’t have to ‘Google’ to find their credentials.
We are starting to turn an interesting page in the progression of this particular reality competition show. Who are the ‘stars’? Hear me out. I would recognize Cheryl Burke before I’d recognize the supermodel Nemcova. Maks has been on far more talk shows than the Karate Kid in the past few years. And my Grandmother’s voting strategy is to root for whomever Derek Hough gets as a partner…no matter who it is.
So perhaps the more important announcement is the Star-Dancer pairings. And here it is folks…
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Petra Nemcova and Dimitry Chaplin
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke
- Romeo and Chelsie Hightower
- Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff
Here are mine…
– I think Kendra will definitely go further than Holly Madison… Both Playboy Bunnies, but she has a better personality, and she’s with a great teacher.
– Kirsty Alley and Maks are going to be a riot… but I’m thinking Maks is really regretting his spat with Len last season, because he did not get the Star with the best potential to win…and he’ll be getting a lot of criticism this year.
– When does Mark Ballas get a grown-up to dance with? Start the relationship rumours now…
-Could Mike Catherwood be the next Gilles Marini?
– Cheryl Burke may have a stud… but Chris Jericho could easily be a dud. Interesting to see which way he goes…
– Ralph Maccio has been in hiding since his Teen Bop pin up days… I think he’s a sleeper favourite… especially for the 18-34 demo.
– Who fits the ‘token old person’ role this season? Wendy Williams? Sugar Ray?
I like the look of this season…it’s shaping up to be the DWTS we all know and love. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.