Once we’re done with the Bachelor, we’ll jump seamlessly into the next DWTS season.
So today, the Cast list was announced for season 14… and there are some serious goodies secured for this year! And as usual, there are also some headscratchers. For a show that could literally have their pick of anyone under an A-List celeb, they sure do pick some obscure identities.
Decide for yourself, and have ‘Google’ handy, as you read the list:
- Melissa Gilbert – one of the little girls who starred in Little House on the Prairies, and consequently wrote a book about her addictions.
- Jaleel White – Havent heard of him? Yes you have… it’s Urkel. Steve Urkel. I’m shivering in anticipation! #DidIDoThat
- Jack Wagner – Soap star who used to rock a mullet.
- William Levy- a Spanish hearthrob. Seriously. He’s Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise, with an accent.
- Maria Menounous- Fresh off ‘Extra’ – she will have no problem with skimpy wardrobe that will show off her bod. I’m also rolling my eyes at the fact that she got Derek as a partner. Of course she did.
- Roshon Forgen – ABC continues it’s two way deal with Disney to use their ‘Stars’ for the young vote. FYI, there is no ‘young vote’.
- Gavin Degraw – 2007 was a monster year for Gavin, and since then he’s got a new-ish album and a top song, this is a big ‘get’ for DWTS. He’ll be one of th emost recognizable names on the list and probably a fan favourite.
- Katherine Jenkins- Wikipedia says she is a Welsh Mezzo-Soprano. That doesnt mean she’s from an Irish mob, it means she’s a singer we’ve never heard of.
- Donald Driver – a Green Bay Packer.
- Martina Navrilitova – Interesting. Will she be nimble and graceful? Not sure… but she IS a fairly big name, and will be more recognizable than the Green Bay Packer.
- Sheri Shepherd – Was probably an easy ‘get’ from another ABC show, The View. She will be comical, and will bring with her fairly large fan support. She will likely be the next ‘dancing diet’ face for US magazine.
- Gladys Knight – she’s their token ‘distinguised’, big name, old person. This is the erson they keep on the show to stroke their ego and praise for being such an icon with such a great career… am I right?